Saturday 2 March 2013

Swap Shop


A little while back I asked the crazy awesome Jaymie O'Callaghan of By Jaymie to illustrate a blog header for me. During our email exchange she asked if I'd be interested in doing a swap with her which obviously I was totally up for! After much procrastination we got our swap on at the start of february. 

I came across Jaymie a few months back now on Twitter and instantly became enamoured with her illustrated jewellery, which includes the cutest animals and everyones favourite cultural icons. There are quite a few items I'm currently coveting like the tea cup necklace and the little white bunny earrings to name but a few, alas until I sell some embroidery I must be good. 

I was awed by all the goodies that she sent me which included a handmade card, a necklace, a bunch of beautiful prints and two originals. I was especially excited to receive the portrait she drew of me. She's turned me into a heart cheeked babe, I couldn't have been more pleased with it! My mum's expressed her fondness for it too so I might frame it for her for mothers day (is that a bit egotistical?).

It was super fun working on this swap and I'd definitely be open to more in future once I have my etsy store up and running. Thanks again to Jaymie for asking me.

Underneath are a few pictures of my little By Jaymie collection.


 My first purchase was the double bunny ring.

Much adored Margot necklace. The world needs more Wes Anderson inspired jewellery! 

Collar adornments.

Jaymie's Jewellery and accessories can be found on her bigcartel and her prints can be found on her Etsy. Fill yer boots, you won't regret it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I LOVE Margot!
    Oh want!
    www.ohsquirrel.co.uk/blog

    ReplyDelete